A GULU CELEBRATION

A GULU CELEBRATION

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Final Hours...

Soon, very soon, I will be headed to Uganda! Yikes!


I'm allowed to take two bags totaling 80 lbs. Now, that seems like a lot. But it boils down to three days worth of clothes, two sheets, one rain pancho, and a partridge in a pear tree. I now have more stuff in the "absolutely too heavy to take" pile, than I have in the absolutely goes in the bag pile! Good news is, the Peace Corps supplies dental floss, so thank God, I don't have to take up space packing that!


Most of you have heard the African proverb, "It takes a village to raise a child," well, it is taking a village to get me out of town and to Africa!. Today, Leslie helped me pack again, while Helen got my car washed, Joe uploaded some books to a media storage unit, my accountant was doing my taxes, and Karen was teaching me to needlepoint.


Tomorrow is my last day in KC. Very odd to think about. How can it be that this time next week I'll be in Uganda?

5 comments:

  1. We are all very excited for your adventure! Sorry I didn't get to give you a farewell kiss on Tuesday. Keep the info coming...this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just thought I would say HI so hi and I was wondering if you where there yet???????

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MBJ -- putting something on this blog is not simple -- but what having anything to do with you is simple. Anyway, I think I've properly signed up.

    I really suggest you keep blogging as long as possible, and then journal when you can't. This will make a bestseller when you return. I am sure. Love, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What exactly is a "senior person". It sounds very
    prestegious.

    No word from you yet. Are you on, like, the island
    in LOST?

    Jim S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adventure! As someone who spent several years proofing MBJ's writing, I'll attest to her/your ability to spell--sometimes.

    I think of you usually when I am driving home from work and wonder how you are. Keep the posts coming as much as you can.! Miss you and am wishing you faith, courage, love and good health! Angie

    ReplyDelete